Saturday, February 6, 2010

Top Upconverting Dvd Player If I Hook An Upconverting DVD Player To An HDTV, Should I Still Get The Black Bars At The Top And Bottom?

If I hook an upconverting DVD player to an HDTV, should I still get the black bars at the top and bottom? - top upconverting dvd player

I connected a DVD player Upconverting on my screen (16:9) HDTV. I was hoping to complete the picture of a DVD with a 16:9 anamorphic transfer of the entire screen. However, I still have black bars top and bottom of the screen like a standard TV. I connected something wrong or is as it should be?

1 comments:

averageg... said...

Yes, the black bars above and below. Depending on the DVD. Your DVD player is not his behavior. If you will look on the back of a large number of times one of the DVD, the aspect ratio. Most DVDs are 16:9 ration, which may show the way for a rough 15-10. So yes, the black lines are normal and the line width varies from black to a DVD. Some DVDs have custom black lines though.

Post a Comment